Pages

16 July 2015

Summer of Color: Week 6 (Final)






This week's colour palette is:    1 Orange + 1 Orange + 1 Blue
For this challenge I used:

Dylusions Paint: Squeezed orange

Prismacolor Pencil: Cadmium Orange Hue


Dylusions Paint: Vibrant Turquoise 



Prepared journal with layer of Gesso
Then added my first layer of  paint

Preparing Background for next layer

Sketched on design in pencil.
Added turquoise paint to background with a baby wipe


Oulined & added text:

You are precious in every way
the sunshine in my day
the joy in my soul
and the love of my life
~~Mom ~~

Added texture with stamps, paint, ink.



Finished Product




12 comments:

  1. This is precious beyond words. The little foxes and the text... Love it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to used this week's SOC colors! I absolutely love your adorable foxes and wonderful journaling! So touching! And I want to thank you for sharing your art with us these past week's of the SOC! Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been years since I have done art and I am still new to art journalling. I was worried that my artistic side had disappeared. The SOC challenge has really helped me to get back into it and find my artistic side again. I'm loving it. And the feedback and been wonderful for my self-esteem. So thankyou everyone.

      Delete
  3. Your foxes are so sweet! Love your spread and the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very sweet! the orange hue is just wonderful.

    visiting from SOC, have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo sweet! Loved seeing your projects for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this journal spread :-)
    It was very nice to see all of your entries for SOC!
    I added your blog to my favourites to come here again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is precious! A beautiful piece for SOC! (I'm going to miss it!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, this warms the heart. Love it!

    ReplyDelete